Sunday 26 April 2015

Crumbled Dreams

Image courtesy: Google

The dark depths beneath rumbled
the ground shook, I tumbled
stricken by disaster, in panic I stared
at nature, her fury now bared.

Looking around I saw just rubble
happiness and peace a broken bubble
anxious faces stained by tears
and burdened with unending fears.

A sea we formed out on streets
unannounced came those deadly beats,
menacing tremors spread far and wide
like much loved gossip that never died.

Bungalow and building, hut and tent
toppled and leaning, broken and bent
wealthy and wise, arrogant and humble
in unison watched all dreams crumble.



P.S : My heart goes out to all the victims of the recent quake. I hope they find the inner strength to battle all odds and start afresh.


 Linking to 
 http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/


1 comment:

  1. True words indeed...sad for all of us!

    ReplyDelete